Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ajmer Sharif Blast

Salaams one and all. I have received the following email from my friend Syed Salman Chishty who is from the family that manages the Maqam of Khawaja Moinudin Chishty in Ajmer, India.  This is pursuant to the recent atrocious blast that killed a couple of people while injuring many.  Read on...
Date : 14th Oct. 2007 Time : 00:30 am
Place: My Study room, Chishty Manzil – Ajmer sharif.

Dear Editor, its nice to read some very real words about how and what measures should be taken up to deal with the terrible acts similar to what happen in blessed Ajmer sharif.

The whole incident has shaken all of us very deeply, I still couldn't believe what I saw, heard and witnessed on that fateful Thursday evening as I sat in our balcony facing the Daragh sharif to break my daylong fast with other members of my family .Our house 'Chishty Manzil' is just opposite the blessed Dargah and from our balcony you get a very clear view of the "Ahata e Noor" where this terrible act of violence took place .

I was sitting quietly over the "DastarQhwan" as the clock was ticking slowly for the time of breaking the fast i.e. 06:14 pm and as ticked I said a two line prayers of breaking the fast and kept a piece of Date's in my mouth and the next moment I heard a loud bang which sounded like an explosion and it was powerful enough to make me feel the vibrations. I stood up and couldn't and still can't believe what I saw.....there was a huge cloud of smoke over the "Ahata e Noor" and people were screaming, running and shouting; nobody understood what had happened out there in the middle of the blessed shrine. I immediately ran towards the Dargah and was shocked, terrified and helplessly broken to see what had happened in the blessed "Abode of Peace".

There was confusion and commotion everywhere as people shouted for help and assistance - everybody was shouting bomb explosion, stay away and to evacuate the "Ahata e Noor". I saw pool of blood, masses of flesh and blood soaked bodies, nothing seems to be real and as if I was in a state of terrible trance.
 
For me, the blessed Dargah of Khawaja Gharib Nawaz is the safest place on earth because its here that I had been born and brought up, grown up, as kids we have played and ran across the blessed compound of the Dargah Sharif and the feeling to witness such a terrible thing at the very same peaceful place is something I am afraid I could ever put in words......!

Nobody was prepared for such a terrible situation, nobody knew how to react to such gross act of violence which has never been seen or heard in the past 800 years peaceful history of Ajmer sharif. Somehow I gathered some strength and was able to join in with some of my Khadim brothers and other young men who were helping, carrying and rushing the injured to the Hospital. One thing I would really like to appreciate about our Khadims brothers and young men that despite of very strong possibilities of a second bomb explosion, nobody deterred away from giving a helping and a life saving hand to the injured. I think that was very courageous of the simple people of Ajmer sharif - a small and peaceful town, who could had never ever imagined to be in the middle of such an act of terror and violence .

There was confusion and commotion even in the hospital as even they were not prepared for such a situation as well but the experienced doctors and young medical students were very quick to understand and react to the whole situation, I also appreciate the efforts of young Dr. Ruqquia Syed who also happen to be my first cousin and doing her first year of internship in the same hospital who came in as an volunteer to help the victims of this bomb blast.

We ran across the multi floor hospital's blood bank to get the required blood for the critical blast victims, we took some of the injured on stretchers for the X-ray's, C.T. scans. In all there were 2 people who were brought dead and 17 injured, thanks to the quick treatment and positive attitude of the doctors that there were no casualties among the injured after reaching the hospital.

All this was done in a state of shock, terror and grief. In fact, its only today and you - the Editor of Times of India are the first person that I am writing to and expressing what I saw and felt in words. Last night I tried to logon to my laptop to open my mailbox which was flooded with emails from Family and friends across the planet concerning the Ajmer sharif blast, our safety, security and situation in Ajmer sharif . I trembled as my fingers wouldn't move to type anything and any account of what I saw, felt and experienced!!!!

Today, the biggest irony for me is to write what I am writing to you when a festival of Hugs, Peace, Joy, Celebrations, Sweets, Blessings from elders - The beautiful day of Eid ul Fitr is just a few hours away!

Tonight, while sitting in my study and typing out this mail I am having a very strange feeling as I had never experienced such a crude silent night before the blessed Eid day, ever in my life. I can see the blessed Dargah sharif and the lanes surrounding it from my study room and they never looked so strangely silent. The night before Eid, had always been lively as people are busy with last minute shopping, men and boys waiting in lines outside the Barbers shops to get the right look for the Eid day and everybody is in a cheerful and festive mood. Unfortunately, tonight nothing of that is happening anywhere around the lanes of Dargah sharif as we all decided to observe Eid in a very simple manner by just offering our Eid prayers in the morning in a very modest of manners.

I just came home from the Hospital, where i had gone with my friend Khalid to visit the injured. On the way we bought new Kurtas and Topi's (Prayer Caps) for the victims as some of them can go for their Eid prayers in the morning, Alhamdulilah. They were happy to see me as we have become a sort of friends over past two days, a couple of them calls me by my name but rest who can't recall my name simply call Khadim saheb ( Mr.servant ). We gave each a Kurta and a Topi, the smile on there face was priceless. I think its that priceless Smile that has given me the strength, courage and ability to write what I am writing tonight.

I greeted them Eid Mubarrak, and wished them a quick recovery. I shall be going again to meet them in the morning after Eid prayers as I want to share the moments of happiness, peace ,joy's and smiles .....which had been lost in past two days of violence, shock and terror!

Alhamdullilah, by the Karam of great Awliya Khawaja Gharib Nawaz - the unholy and shameless efforts and desires of the foe's of Humanity to disharmonize and disintegrate the people of India has avail them noughts. There hadn't been a single incident of backlash's or communal tensions in any part of our blessed India which proves now and again that "My Khawaja's India is Great ".
Let us all put in our own small or big efforts to spread the blessed message of Love, Peace, Beauty and Tolerance as brought and taught by in Khawaja Gharib Nawaz's own words - " Love towards all, Malice towards None".

Thank you for your patience in reading a long heartfelt mail of this humble servant (Khadim) of Sultan ul Hind Hz. Khawaja Moinuddin Chishty (ra).

Love, Peace, Blessings

Syed Salman Chishty
S/o Late S.M.Usman Chishty
Chishty Manzil
Jhalra street ,Dargah sharif
Ajmer sharif ,Rajasthan
India

Some Ajmer sharif blast related news links :
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Eid_drums_fall_silent_at_Ajmer_in_796_years/articleshow/2456358.cms
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/In_a_first_CBI_may_join_state_in_Ajmer_probe/articleshow/2454215.cms
http://www.khabrein.info/i ndex.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7202&Itemid=88
http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1127097
http://www.ibnlive.com/news/ajmer-blasts-bear-distinct-huji-imprint-probe/50488-3.html
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/PoliticsNation/Govt_wants_CBI_to_probe_terror_attacks_in_states/articleshow/2454191.cms
http://www.indianexpress.com/story/227456.html
http://www.hindu.com/2007/10/14/stories/2007101460591200.htm

Our prayers goes toward the people of Ajmer, and those who suffered from the blast.  Wassalam.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply want to say your article is as surprising.
The clearness in your post is just nice and i could
assume you're an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the enjoyable work.

my webpage website

Anonymous said...

First off I want to say excellent blog! I had a quick question in which I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your head prior to writing. I've had difficulty
clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out. I do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15
minutes are wasted just trying to figure
out how to begin. Any recommendations or hints? Many thanks!


Stop by my web page :: get info