- "Abdul Hakim Murad gave a good holistic view of the issues in the light of Islam and a different way to tackle the cartoon issues."
- "Religion is healing and mercy to believers" (Shaykh Abdal-Hakim Murad)
- "True love means, you love in the cause of Allah" (Shaykh Ahmed Babikr)
- "How many people looked at the crying baby with irritation and how many with mercy?" (Habib Ali al-Jifri)
- "Poetic Pilgrimage were very inspiring and brought a lot of joy to the evening. Their words were powerful and deeply personal and struck a strong chord with much of the audience."
- "Shaam are an amazing group with beautiful voices - they have got a unique way of reaching out to people! and Poetic Pilgrimage - SUBHANALLAH! They touched the hearts of all those in the room - definitely brought me to tears."
- "Habib Ali is a real lover of the Prophet (may Allah bless him and give him peace). When he told the story of Fudalah, i don't think there was a dry eye in the house. Basic message of the night as a whole: bring the love of the Prophet (may Allah bless him and give him peace) into our hearts, and we will follow his Sunnah."
- "Habib Ali said that there are many hearts in the west full of hatred towards the Muslims, that need our hands to be placed over them, so that love for our religion and our Prophet (may Allah bless him and give him peace) might enter in."
- "When so much of the Muslim ummah are behaving so badly with ignorance and anger, it is reassuring to be with the rational certainty of Abdul Hakim, an intellectual powerhouse against ignorance: to be with the loving face of Ahmed Babikr as someone who would smile with warmth at those who curse him: and Habib Ali- to hear him is to hear the voice of the prophet himself."
Poetic Pilgrimage / Shaam
Habib Ali al-Jifri / Shaykh Abdal Hakim Murad (TJ Winter) / Shaykh Ahmed Babikr
Talking about Habib Ali al-Jifri... I met him for the first time when I went to visit Habib Ali Bin Jaafar al-Aydarus in Batu Pahat - a living Saint. He lives in an old house in Batu Pahat (in the state of Johor, Malaysia), and many Malaysians and Singaporeans visit him regularly as ziyarah, and for tabarruk. Anyway, Habib Ali al-Jifri arrived from KL, and he had so much haibah that it was as if I was watching the Prophet himself walking. SubhanAllah! The only other people that has created such an impression on me are Shaykh Nazim al-Haqqani and Shaykh Muhammad Hisham Kabbani. What a sight, to be able to be with Habib Ali al-Aydarus and Habib Ali al-Jifri. And, when you salaam and kiss the hand of Habib Ali al-Jifri, he will kiss your hand back! Talk about humility.
Anyway, read about the London event here. How I wished I could be there...